Many casinos will hand out free spins to new and current members and it is a very popular promotion. Typically, free spins are tied to a specific slot game and a specific wager size, as opposed to bonus money which can normally be wagered in a more flexible way.
Welcome free spins
The first deposit bonus is arguably the most famous of the online casino welcome gifts, but free spins are included in wide range of welcome packages – often in addition to the deposit bonuses.
No deposit welcome free spins
With no deposit welcome free spins, you don’t have to many any deposit to get your free spins and use them in the casino. This is a great way to give prospective players a chance to try out the casino and see if they like it, without requiring them to deposit money first. Typically, you will need to sign-up with the casino and confirm your email adress to get access to the free spins.
Important: If you win anything on your no deposit welcome free spins, you will probably not be able to withdraw the money without making a deposit first. Always check the exact terms and conditions in advance.
Welcome free spins with deposit requirement
Tossing is some free spins is an excellent way for online casinos to make a welcome package even more enticing.
This is an example of what it can look like:
- Make your 1st deposit and get a 200% bonus up to €300 + 25 free spins.
- Make your 2nd deposit and get a 50% bonus up to €300 + 25 free spins.
- Make your 3rd deposit and get a 100% bonus up to €300 + 50 free spins.
Free spins on new slots
If you like free spins, it is a good idea to sign up for newsletters from online casinos and game developers, because when new lots are released, it is often celebrated with free spins hand-outs. By reading newsletters, you can find out about campaigns that are about to be launched and avoid missing out. The same goes for blogs run by casinos or game developers – make a habit of checking in to make sure you don’t miss any free spin hand-out for new games.
It is also quite common for online casinos to run promotional contests where you can win free spins when a new game is being launched – especially if it is one of the major premieers of the year.
Loyalty club free spins / VIP free spins
The loyalty club and/or VIP club at the casino can be a great source of free spins. These clubs run special campaigns that are only available for qualifying casino guests, and these campaigns can be very generous.
Always read the fine print
Before you accept any free spins, always check the terms and conditions.
- If you win something on these free spins, will the win come with a wager requirement?
- What happens if you don’t fulfil the wager requirement? Will your whole casino account be frozen until you have fulfilled the requirement, or will only the won amount be frozen?
- How long time do you have to fulfil the wager requirement?
- Is there a limit for how much you can win?
- What happens if you win a huge progressive jackpot on a free spin? Are you expected to clear a 50x wager requirement after winning a €5 million Mega Fortune Mega Jackpot?